FINANCIAL POLICY OF GWINNETT INTERNAL MEDICINE ASSOCIATES
We accept Cash, Personal Checks, Visa and Mastercard
Payment in full is expected at the time of visit for:
- services for uninsured patients
- co-pays and estimated deductible
- outstanding balances
Our physicians are contracted with most major insurance companies including Medicare and Medicare Replacement Plans. Our physicians are not however, contracted with Medicaid.
It is the policy of our office to fully assist our patients with financial issues regarding the filing of insurance claims for services rendered by our physicians. Our billing office will do their best to send correct, clean claims to your insurance carrier in a timely manner. We do not however, guarantee payment for any service.
Patient’s will be responsible for any portion deemed “patient responsibility” such as co-insurance, deductible, and/or services not covered by their particular plan. Due to contractual agreements with insurance carriers, our office cannot discount deductible or co-insurance amounts. Patients will be required to pay any insurance claims not paid within 60 days from date of service. The balance will be transferred to the patient responsibility and will be due in full.
To better assist our patients we ask them to:
- Familiarize themselves with the policies of their particular insurance plan regarding referrals, participating hospitals, labs, and amount of co-pay. Most carriers provide the insured with a complete outline of coverage and provisions of their particular plan.
- Contact their insurance carrier’s member service department before services are rendered should there be any questions regarding coverage or payment.
- Provide correct, updated insurance information to our billing office especially when there has been a change in carrier or plan.
- Present the insurance card at each visit in order for staff to verify and maintain accurate information. The card will be scanned into the patient’s electronic health record on the initial visit or whenever a new card is issued.
- Notify our staff of any changes in demographic or insurance related information at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment.
- Be specific on the type of visit needed when scheduling an appointment as we cannot change the type of CPT code in order for services to be considered for payment or to avoid paying a deductible amount.
- Assist with contacting the insurance company should a claim not be considered for payment within 45 days from date of service.
Our office acts only as a drawing station for your lab work and does not process the lab specimens; they are sent to either Labcorp of America or Quest Diagnostics depending on the requirements of your particular insurance carrier. The lab facility will charge a processing fee which will be billed directly to your insurance company. Coverage for lab tests will depend on your particular plan and benefits. Deductible may apply depending on whether your lab tests are for screening or diagnostic purposes. Patients who receive invoices from either Lab Facility should contact the lab directly.
Lab specimens for Private Pay Patients will be sent to Quest Diagnostics. Payment for lab work is required at the end of the appointment.
Late Cancellation Fees:
If you are needing to cancel your scheduled office appointment we require that you give at least 24 hours notice. Any cancellation made the same day of the appointment will be subject to a $50.00 late cancellation fee. This fee cannot be billed to an insurance company.