Prescription Refill Process
To assist our patients with their prescription the following guidelines apply:
- All requests for prescription refills should be submitted through the patient’s pharmacy Monday through Friday. The pharmacy will send the information needed for our physicians to review the request and respond accordingly.
- Patients who need to call for a refill should leave the following information on the Medical Assistant’s voicemail:
Patient’s first and last name (please spell)
Date of birth
Name and telephone number of the pharmacy
Name and dosage of the medication
Telephone number where you can be reached during normal business hours
- Refill requests require a minimum of 48 hours notice. This will allow time for the pharmacy to contact our office, for the physician to review the requests and for the response to be sent back to the pharmacy. If the prescription is needing to be in written form it will then be ready for the patient to pick up. Our office does not fax nor mail prescriptions to patients.
- Refill requests are not reviewed after 4:30pm on Friday, over the weekend or when our office is closed for Legal Holiday. (Please be advised that our office is closed on New Year’s day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, December 25th)
- Check medications on a routine basis; we do not want anyone to go without their prescribed medication.
Important Note: All patients need to be seen at least every six months in order to manage their healthcare needs. Presciption refill requests will only be considered if the patient follows this guideline.